Because every child is welcome at our Legacy Centers, we allow you to sponsor a center instead of specific children. This way no child is turned away due to the lack of being sponsored. At a minimum each child at our Legacy Centers receive the following:
- A teacher that has a heart to see these children break cycles and create legacies, who is committed to seeing the long-term growth in each child. Each teacher teaches 4 days a week, 4 classes a day. That's 16 classes a week for children age 3-18.
- Life skills—we believe that it is important that each child discovers what their gifts and talents are and develops them to be able to provide for themselves once they reach adulthood.
- Relational skills—we believe that it is important that each child learns how to interact with other people and feels confident doing so.
- Spiritual lessons—we believe that it is important for each child to develop a relationship with Jesus, and that they understand they were created in God's image.
- Physical classes—we believe that it is important for children to grow up healthy and to be educated on health-related things.
- A teacher assistant—because many of our classes have large numbers of children, as many as 75 each class, it is important that the teachers have help.
- Supplies—our Legacy Centers are equipped with art supplies and craft supplies for each child. We feel that it is important for them to create a craft that goes along with each lesson to take home for their parent or guardian to see what their child is learning. The children enjoy them, too!
- A safe place—Each of our Legacy Centers meets in a building that is safe and secure for the children. Each center is an environment that the children can come to and feel safe—an environment that leads to development.
- We Supplement food as resources are available.
As a Legacy Center becomes fully funded we provide as follows:
- Each child that participates in our Legacy Centers receives supplemental food so that we can ensure that they are eating nutritious meals. At the end of each week we send nutritious meals home with each child that had perfect attendance for that week. This is to ensure that the children are coming to class each week and that they are eating healthy meals through the weekend. It's all part of holistic development.
- Each child that participates in our Legacy Centers receives medical checkups on a regular basis. We have partnered with OneWorld Health to provide these medical checkups for each child in our program. The doctor visits the center once a month to ensure that each child is seen on at least a quarterly basis.
- Each child that participates in our Legacy Centers receives a gift for their birthday. We feel that it is important to make the children feel significant.
- Each child that participates in our Legacy Centers receives a gift at Christmas time. Remember when you were a child and the anticipation of Christmas? This is a time that lets them be a child, but also a time that we can show them the greatest gift of all, Jesus.
- Each child that participates in our Legacy Centers receives school supplies to encourage their participation in school. Many children in the communities that we work in cannot afford school supplies. Because of this many children just don't go to school. We don't want them to have any excuses.
- Each child that participates in our Legacy Centers receives school uniforms to guarantee their ability to attend school. Many of the children in the communities we work in are required to wear uniforms to school. Many of these children cannot afford these uniforms, so they just do not attend school. We believe that it is very important for the children to go to school, so we provide uniforms for the children that attend our centers.
OUR INTENTIONS ARE TO PLACE LEGACY CENTERS THROUGHOUT RURAL NICARAGUA. AS EACH CENTER IS FULLY FUNDED, WE WILL START A CENTER IN A NEW LOCATION. WE WILL NOT START A NEW CENTER UNTIL WHAT WE HAVE IS FULLY FUNDED.
Sponsor A Legacy Center Today